What would happen if you let God challenge you...?

Thursday, October 28

The Stupidity of Currency
...*and* ...
The Day I Cried Again

Hola all you lucky people who don't have to deal with currency!

As per the first part of my title; I discovered what a rip off money is. No joke. Today mom got me a money order for $150 US... the deposit for (hopefully!) a weekend in Colorado with 12 other 18-35 year old women led by Leslie Ludy. Now.... I dunno about you, but I've never dealt with money orders before. I was trying to get the thing filled out quickly, and so when I saw the back and "signature" ... I figured that's me, right? I mean, how do you give money to someone without signing it..... Well, for those of you who are used to doing money orders, you'll be shaking your head at me right now. You're right. I'm wrong. Here's the deal: if you're sending a money order YOU DON'T NEED TO SIGN. Actually, if you *do* sign in that ambiguously labeled 'signature' box... there is (apparently) nothing you can do but go back and make the order out to yourself. Then you cash it. Then you buy another money order. ...However, you don't just pay the $4 for the money. No. You then learn you actually had to pay *more* than the exchange rate to get the money. I'm starting to think I should have just found out the exchange rate, made up a check in canadian funds for that amount, and prayed they didn't tear it to shreds if the Canadian dollar dropped by the time it was received.... *SO* We learned that it doesn't cost just the deceptive $4 to send a money order; it actually costs around $13. Actually, $26, if you endorse the back by mistake. I'm screaming and running in the other direction if a money order every comes my way again. =o| All I can say is... there'd better be space in the weekends!! Otherwise... it'll be $26 dollars for nothing =o/ Unless I save it for next time....


As for the second half of my title... I broke my streak of 2, 3... or maybe it was even 4! days without crying today. Let's just say stress and low self-esteem seem to have gotten the better of me today. =oS

I promise I'm getting to those 100 beautiful things, by the way... Check out the people who have already done them and posted:

Esther
David
Anna

Enjoy reading, I know I did. =o)

God bless, all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home