What would happen if you let God challenge you...?

Friday, September 30

It's a small world after all...

Heyho, This is Sarah V.B. Luty reporting live from the downtown library!

Heh, there's a good story as how I wound up here ... really!

Well, as some of you know, I've been doing a lot of meeting people that I'd never met in person (friends from the internet) before... This isn't quite as suicidal as it might sound! Yes, thanks to distance Ed (homeschooling with the school's own internet server) I get at least some indication of who the person is... for instance, they wouldn't let an 60 year old lunatic join the high school server... a 17 year old one, sure, but ... 'o) yeah. So far things have worked out quite nicely... Met Derek and Alyssa at camp at the beginning of the summer, then connected with Esther in Prince George on the way home. Aaron has helpfully moved to Victoria, which saves me travelling miles to get to meet that one! =oD 'Course, with my busy schedule and his .... *insane* one, finding a time to meet is harder than it sounds. Ah well, we talked and decided that today would be good, and I was to go downtown and meet him after school. It was quite the trip downtown, as I met my Bio prof from last year on the bus coming here, as well as another Aaron (he was a drummer at oaklands for a while -- I just saw him as he was leaving, so I didn't get a chance to say hi), and then walking down Johnson I ran into Amanda. In addition, on the walk here, I saw Sergio driving by, and we gave each other a wave and a nod. Funny thing about all this? I actually never saw the person I'd planned to meet! =oD Serious case of crossed wires, it would seem. We both got off classes at 2:30, so I was going to head down afterward, but (probably largely due to the late hour at which we made plans) while that's what I was thinking, he thought I got off earlier, and was going to be there at 2:30. Actually, he almost forgot, as I discovered from an email waiting for me here, and had to go back (now I feel more bad, sorry Aaron... =o/) And I missed the first bus that left, so I wasn't sure how long he'd wait... Actually, I met a nice guy named Robin... Aaron, apparently you already know him... oh yeah, and this would be a good time to mention if he asks if you met up with that girl... that girl's me. 'o) I saw him leaving VCM and went "hmm... hard to tell age, doesn't look like what I remember from the picture but... you never know, and I'll be berating myself if that turns out to be him and I didn't even ask" ...He said he knew you, but he was not you. Surprising, eh? =oD Appologies if you think you look nothing like him.... you're probably right, and I can't really be a judge as the last picture of you where I actually saw your *coughcough* face was quite a while ago, so yeah. =oD Anyway. I got exercise in, and got to see lots of people (obviously 'o) Better luck for us next time!

Signing out,
Sari

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home