What would happen if you let God challenge you...?

Wednesday, February 22

God and American Idol?

So... browsing as I was... I came across something I hadn't expected...

While checking out some of the things the Top 24 American Idol Contestants had to say... I started to become quite amazed. (sorry, I'm quite sure that link will change while the show goes on, so soon it totally won't be valid... :/)

Taylor Hicks:
"Do you have any rituals or things you do each time you perform?
Pray, count heads.
If you win, who will you thank first?
God."

Even more specific from Stevie Scott
"If you win, who will you thank first?
My savior, Jesus Christ."

And from Melissa McGhee:
"What are your personal goals in life?
To succeed in the music industry, have a beautiful marriage, and stay on the path with God."

Mandisa:
"Do you have any rituals or things you do each time you perform?
I pray and vocalize.
Who are your heroes in life?
Jesus is my hero. He saved my life.
If you win, who will you thank first?
Jesus! He's so good to me."

Wow, you can't get more clear than that! I started to really get excited, and you know what, I was blown away! There were *fifteen* out of twenty four people who mentioned at least two of thanking God, saying a prayer, listing Jesus as their role model, etc etc (Bobby Bennet also answered that he said a prayer before going on) in their interview... and many of them were very specific about the role Jesus played in their lives: Savior.
I appologize if I'm making too big a deal about this, but I think it's dead awesome!

Here's the other contestants (besides those already mentioned) who spoke up for God in interviews that would be seen by thousands of people:

Paris Bennet
Will Makar
Jose "Sway" Penala
Gedeon McKinney
Kinnik Sky
Kellie Pickler
David Radford
Elliot Yamin
Brenna Gethers
Heather Cox
Chris Daugherty

Rock on, all of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home