What would happen if you let God challenge you...?

Monday, February 13

Comments, Crafting and Continuing Conundrums

All right, just a few blog-setting issues to get out of the way first:

1) some of you may have noticed that the older comments went *poof* And I'm not 100% sure why, if it was a glitch on the server, something that happened when I was playing with my template, or something else entirely... Regardless, the long and short of it is that I'm Leaving Haloscan and letting blogger handle the comments. The bad news is obviously that the comments were lost, the good side is that since most of the comments were gone, transferring comments over were relatively easy. I reposted on Blogger all the salvaged comments and therefore all your comments (and my replies, heh) appear to have been posted somewhere between 11 and 11:30 of tonight... =oP Ah well, what can I say? I just have lightning-fast reply powers.

2) The blog is also back to it's very default template, as I attempt to work in the blogger tags properly into my custom layout. =o) What's the layout like, you ask? Well, I'll tell you this much: it's not snowboards! (sorry, Derek. 'o) Anyway, this means Links are Down and commenting links are weird for a bit. In case you cared.

4) So while I was reposting the comments, I realized I never replied to one that I really should have. In this untitled post I said "Someone ask me a question about life or love or liberty or disco.... then I can answer it. I think I should be a question and answer forum or something." But when someone asked me a question (or seven) I didn't answer. So here, for your ...entertainment?, is the comment and my responses:

"questions...... ah! *What* is your name??! *What* is your quest??! ......*What* .......is the average air velocity of a coconut-laden swallow?! *grins* ok... so seriously? ...What 's up with Isaiah? Why are you reading that, and what are you learning?"
//Ivan the Terrible


What is your name?
Sari (Sarah in full) ...but you knew that.
Point: Me, 'cause Sarah's a nice name to have.


What is your quest?
Currently trying to rescue Deckard Cain. But you knew that too (and it's yours, too). In life? To... live for God and to find His contentment wherever I turn... it's...not an easy goal.
Point: Me, because you're silly enough to keep asking questions you already know the answers to.


What is the average air velocity of a coconut-laden swallow?
The average air velocity of a coconut-laden swallow depends on the size, weight, shape of the swallow, the size, weight, shape of the coconut(s), the current weather conditions, the current wind velocity (because those ruffled feathers slow a bird down you know), how much the swallow wants to get to the destination and (arguably least important) a bunch of complex mathematical formulae that I don't know.
Point: the swallow who can carry a coconut.


so seriously?
Yes, seriously.
Point: You, because my scoring seems to be getting biased.


What's up with Isaiah?
He was a true prophet of the LORD who wasn't afraid to speak what God laid on his heart.
Point: Isaiah, hands down.


(part a) Why're you reading that...
I'm not sure why I was reading it at the time (actually...I think I might have been planning on reading the books written by the prophets looking specifically at what God was like...) but now I'm reading it because I'm trying to answer these questions.
Point: No one.


(part b) ...and what are you learning?
Well...quite a lot, actually. The graphicdescription in the first chapter of how sin is like a festering wound is... jarring. And (again in chapter one) the thought that without God leaving "some survivors" in Israel, they would have become like Sodom and Gomorrah. Likewise, without the redemption we have through Christ's blood as the remnant, we would be completely consumed, and destroyed, by sin. Even here God foreshadows the gift Christ will eventually give to mankind in the reference to being washed white as snow.
The next thing I notice here is the theme of chapter two -- all the glory, beauty, technology... everything made by man... everything will disappear. Man will be humbled and brought low. And... I can't say it better than the Bible does: "Men will flee to caves in the rocks and to holes in the ground from dread of the LORD and the splendor of His majesty, when He rises to shake the earth." (Isaiah 2:19)
I want to go on, but I think I'll have to look it over more and make it a separte post because firstly, this one's getting long, and secondly, it's getting late and I'm getting even more tired than I was before. :)
Point: Me, because I got to read about God through Isaiah.


If you made it to the end, congratulations!

God bless and goodnight all. =o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home